About This Job
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Software Engineer specializing in database development, to be based at our Houston Technology Center.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
· Participate on agile development team to analyze requirements, identify persistence needs, and model and construct storage solutions for custom software applications / systems in the Drilling & Evaluation segment.
· Maintain reference and catalog data, such as curve dictionary, drill string component catalog.
· Perform data migration tasks as needed.
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in database development, including ER modeling, scripting, performance tuning.
· Experience with modeling languages such as UML, SysML.
· Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008.
· Experience in using source control systems such as TFS.
· Exposure to Agile software product development methodologies.
· Must have excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
Preferred Qualifications / Requirements
· Oilfield domain knowledge.
· Visual Studio .NET.
· Microsoft MVP for SQL Server a plus.
Baker Hughes - 22 months ago
Baker Hughes cooks up a baker's dozen of products and services for the global petroleum market. Through its Drilling and Evaluation...