The Database Developer will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing all versions and copies of Pontis databases that exist. The candidate will be responsible for reviewing the existing setup and providing suggestions for improvement. The candidate will be required to maintain both Oracle and SQL environments, as well as maintaining the migration scripts. The position requires the candidate to interface cross-functionally with other departments. It is also required that the candidate is results oriented with the resolve for a high degree of quality, while balancing that resolve with the commitment to meeting deadlines.
This position is part of our Pontis Core Product Development team based in our Pittsbugh, PA office. The Pontis team is responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of new features and support of Pontis. The system is owned by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO). The team interacts with internal development, QA, support, and Sales.
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in 50 countries, more than $500 million in annual revenues, and since 2005 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
EOE Employer M/F/V/D, Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify . Right to Work / Derecho a Trabajar
- Able to perform advanced database design and development tasks.
- Review existing schema and provide immediate suggestions as well as long term recommendations.
- Provide best practice guidance to the development team with regard to database design and usage.
- Participate in software quality assurance activities, including code reviews, data validation and creation of data verification plans.
- Develop appropriate corrective actions to resolve production data issues.
- Develop ETL strategies for integrating or migrating data from multiple sources into the Pontis schema.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or the equivalent in work experience.
- 3-8 years of professional experience that includes a background in software and database development and database management.
- 3-8 years of either Oracle or SQL Server database maintenance.
- Experience with and working knowledge of the following: Windows OS, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office, Microsoft IIS, VMWare, .NET, and C#
- Attention to detail along with the ability to communicate clearly, verbally, and in writing.
- Proven people skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently.
- Experience with software development projects resulting in successful product deliveries.
Search Firm Disclosure:
- Experience working for Application Service Provider (ASP) or Software as a service (SaaS) company.
- Familiarity and experience with maintaining both Oracle and SQL environments.
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.