Do you love working with the latest and greatest technologies? Would you like to help create innovative technology that changes lives?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Reporting to the Software Development Manager the Database Developer is a full-time position located in San Diego, California. As an integral part of the team you will be applying your technical background and solid analytical and problem solving skills in the administration and development of a mission-critical SQL Server based application.
Essential Job Duties:
• Full time, in-house position
• Create and update stored procedures, functions, views, reports (using Crystal Reports & Excel), SQL jobs, and SSIS packages
• Participates in all phases of the software development life-cycle – requirements, design, implementation, testing, release, maintenance
• Implements projects focused on business workflows, automated systems, reporting, and data analysis.
• Participate in collaborative work with DBA’s, Software Engineers, Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Project Managers to achieve software solutions
• Produce Design Documentation and Project Artifacts as needed
• Perform code reviews for peers
• Assist in process improvement initiatives
• Assist external auditors, regulatory auditors and other 3rd parties as needed
• Assist in company-wide compliance initiatives
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• 5+ years of experience in database developer position
• Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Basic logical and physical database design/modeling skills
• Development level experience with T-SQL in stored procedures used in business applications
• In-depth knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008 (MySQL knowledge a plus)
• Experience with basic ETL processes using SSIS
• Business process analysis
• Data analysis & profiling
• Data conversion
• Strong oral written communication skills
• Database and web application integration skills
• Familiarity with Crystal Reports a plus
• Familiarity or experience with SSRS
• Bachelor's degree required
For additional information visit www.bridgepointeducation.com.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment
screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background
investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education
credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional
reference check; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers