Ciber is currently seeking a Database Developer for an opportunity in Kansas City, MO. The senior database developer/architect will be a key member of the database architecture team.
Development duties include designing, implementing, and supporting SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS solutions. Architectural duties include serving as a technical resource on the architecture team that is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of the company data warehouse. The data architecture team defines the vision and roadmap for the current and future corporate data architecture. This position is an opportunity to help shape an emerging data architecture strategy.
- Perform SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), and SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) development and support.
- Architect, design, develop, and implement data warehouse infrastructure components including conceptual, logical, and physical design, ETL processes, and OLAP cubes.
- Provide technical leadership to the architecture team in all aspects of data warehouse design, structure, and usage.
- Determine how to combine varied business needs into a single data warehousing solution.
- Define and capture metadata and business rules in coordination with other data architecture team members.
- Develop ETL strategies for integrating data from multiple sources into the data warehouse.
- Analyze and help maintain corporate data integrity, reliability, and security.
- Participate in software quality assurance activities, including code reviews, and unit, system, integration, regression, and performance testing.
- Understand and enforce necessary documentation for the application/infrastructure change control process.
- Effectively communicate project issues with relevant parties and perform well within a team oriented environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Support IT/Business Systems vision, missions, goals and strategies.
- Make decisions in compliance with established corporate and department standards.
- Learn user functions, business processes, and organizational roles as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge with current and emerging database technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of SQL Server 2005/2008 database development.
- At least 3 years of data warehousing experience, including data architecture and modeling.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, and best practices of enterprise data warehouse architecture.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server technologies, including SSIS, SSAS & SSRS.
- Insurance experience, Agency Management experience a plus.
Ciber is a global IT consulting company with 7,000 consultants in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific, and approximately $1 billion in annual revenue. Client focused and results driven, Ciber partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, the company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CBR). For more information, visit
Just as we have built our business on the success of our clients, our continued company growth and achievements are built on the success of our team members. At Ciber we believe our employees are our most valuable asset. Upon contact, a Ciber Recruiter will discuss our benefits package in more detail as it pertains to your individual needs. Some highlights of our full benefits package include: paid time off, paid holidays, retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Ciber, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No, CIBER's consultants aren't cyborgs. CIBER (Consultants in Business, Engineering, and Research) is an IT consultancy that...