We're looking for a high energy Database Developer for a premium Contract to Hire opportunity in beautiful downtown Portland. You will be working for an innovative company that creates optimum digital learning environments, leveraging students' love of technology and using the most progressive educational research for maximum learning results for students and for schools.
This candidate will be providing content editing for the curriculum database, provisioning work for spreadsheets, integrating CSV file, XML, stored procedures, building tools, schema, reporting, and etc. Scope of work includes software engineering, database development and quality assurance.
NICE TO HAVE: SSIS, SSRS, Continuous Integration, ASP.NET / MVC, HTML, Concepts (inversion of control), Unit Testing, Framework, Dependence injection, Subversion for source control, health monitoring tools (Gibralter, ANTS Profiler, SQL Profiler)
The Database Developer reports to the Manager of Data and Analytics, working to support and build the database processes behind corporate applications. As a member of the software development team, the Database Developer will often interface with business owners, middle-tier and front-end developers and support staff to analyze business requirements, identify the necessary supporting database structure(s) and develop, implement and maintain those structures.
- Develops stored procedures, functions, views and reports as needed
- Analyzes and optimizes underperforming database objects
- Identifies and recommends schema enhancements
- Reviews database changes for conformance to development standards
- Handles data-related support issues and responds to alerts from our production database environment
- Participates in all phases of the software development process
- Accurately estimates task effort and communicates progress
This is a 6 month contract to hire position.
- 5+ years related work experience
- Positive attitude
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Experience participating on an Agile software development team
- Experience developing complex reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Solid skills with Transact-SQL (DDL and DML), database tuning and troubleshooting
- Proficiency with SQL tools such as Profiler, DTA, SQLCMD, SSIS and SSMS
- Experience with Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related field
CompuCom - 2 years ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...