This position is contingent upon contract award.
Candidates must have TS clearance with Poly.
The Database Developer works with software and
determines ways to organize and store data. Identify
user requirements, set up computer databases, and
test and coordinate modifications to the computer
database systems Ensures the performance of the system,
understands the platform on which the database
runs, and adds new users to the system. Plans and
coordinates security measures -data integrity, backup
systems, and database security. Provides
technical assistance to computer system users. Answers
questions or resolve computer problems for clients in
person, via telephone or from remote
location. May provide assistance concerning the use of
computer hardware and software, including printing,
installation, word-processing, electronic
mail, and operating systems. Provides technical
expertise in the use of Database Management System
(DBMS). Evaluates and recommends available DBMS
products to support validated user requirements. Defines
file organization, indexing methods, and security
procedures for specific user applications.
Manages the development of data base projects. Plans and
budgets staff and data base resources. When necessary,
reallocates resources to maximize
The Database Developer is responsible for capacity
planning. Provides support for implementation,
troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes
related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems
including: day-to-day operations, monitoring
and problem resolution for all of the client problems.
Provides second level problem identification, diagnosis
and resolution of problems. Provides
support for the dispatch system and hardware problems
and remain involved in the resolution process. Provides
support for the escalation and
communication of status to agency management and
internal customers. Coordinates changes to computer
databases, test and implement the database applying
knowledge of database management systems. Plans,
coordinates, and implements security measures to
safeguard computer databases. Responsible for
operations related to systems management software.
Installs and maintains software monitors and conducts
advanced analysis of output and performance.
planning for the most complex and critical systems.
- Perform server and storage capacity management and
to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the
- Recommend and implement process and tool improvements
organization's change management and
configuration management processes and systems.
production environment to new technology.
- Plan for transition of the development and/or
server performance tuning. Baselines and forecasts
- Recommend and plan server recapitalization. Perform
server performance data and tunes server
hardware and software configurations.
system files; manages system data to maintain
- Utilize system software to monitor the performance of
installation methods and procedures. May provide 24x7
- Study system requirements to determine proper server
object names, data elements, and other objects.
- Provide technical support in the evaluation of prime
concise, technically correct, and that they represent
- Evaluate proposed objects and their attributes.
- Ensure that proposed object definitions are clear,
and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software
verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to
software, and peripheral equipment, following design or
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware,
ensuring proper installation of cable, operating
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or
systems, and appropriate software.
transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and
- Maintain record of daily data communication
conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, or attend
hardware and software.
requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish
resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and
- Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and
based upon requirements from Service Level Agreements
- Create and maintain monitor definitions and rules
performance of management of systems according to
- Monitor and conduct advanced analysis of output and
capacity to meet the business requirements.
- Plan and test capacity requirements.
- Ensure that services are provided with sufficient
users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train
products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective
recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and
solving, monitoring, and installing data communication
- Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem
equipment and software.
delivery to users.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for
- Modify and customize commercial programs for internal
including workflow analysis, space design, or cost
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies,
performance and schedule activities.
- Manage, monitor and administer database system
- Perform optimization and tuning of data loads and
changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system
- Recommend appropriate procedure, query or package
performance and reliability.
associated storage systems.
- Install and configure database environments and
Tools used in this occupation
- Perform backups/restores, and archive data.
disks RAID systems
- Desktop computers
- Hard disk arrays — Redundant array of independent
Technology used in this occupation
- Hard disk drives — Hard disks
- Notebook computers
- Tape arrays — Tape libraries
Backup and archival software; Systems and data disaster
- Backup or archival software — Acronis Recovery Expert;
recovery software; VERITAS
management software; Microsoft SQL Server; Quest
- Data base management system software — Database
Central; Sybase Replication Server, Database
Basic; Prolog; Restructured extended executor REXX
- Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual
Modeler; Data modeling software; IBM Rational Data
- Metadata management software — AllFusion ERwin Data
Architect; Visual Paradigm DB Visual
Microsoft Visual C# .NET; Practical extraction and
- Object or component oriented development software —
reporting language Perl; Sun Microsystems
Java; Sybase PowerBuilder
This position is contingent on contract award.
Top Secret Clearance with Poly.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
IT Certifications desired.
Concentric Methods - 4 months ago
Concentric Methods specializes in placement of experienced RNs (Registered Nurses) / LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurses) /LVNs (Licensed Vocati...