Connvertex is seeking for Database Developer for its client The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to provide end-user support for the analysis, design, development and maintenance of customized database applications using a variety of technology environments. Candidate will use Microsoft Office including Microsoft Access, client/server and web-based environments, predominately, but not limited to, those applications associated with the functions of the Medical Facilities Planning Branch. In additional to working with customized database applications, the candidate will also serve as a liaison between various sections within the division in creating and preparing databases to upload to the web.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 12 months
Other duties that may be assigned are the following:
• Working closely with the Medical Facilities Planning Branch staff to ensure data is applied accurately to need determination methodologies in creating the annual State Medical Facilities Plan and Semiannual Dialysis Report;
• Creating SQL queries, Visual basic code and ad hoc reports in Microsoft (MS) Access 2003 to meet the needs of the Medical Facilities Planning Branch and the NC State Health Coordinating Council;
• Writing technical user documentation;
• Introducing new and improved technology concepts to the branch and the division;
• Providing end-user support for the analysis, design and development of customized database applications as needed for other sections within the division; and
• Cross training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Graduation from a 4 year college or university and 4+ years of experience in system development/management; or
Graduation from a 2 year college or technical school with a degree in computer programming and 4+ years of experience in computer programming and/or systems development/management; or
an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Candidate Must be Proficient in the following areas:
• Analyzing, designing and developing applications
• Creating stored procedures and developing SQL queries
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Access, client/server applications, web-based applications, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop
* Familiarity with running queries from a data warehouse
• Technical writing skills
• Ability to interpret complex methodologies and apply to database development
* Candidate must have at least (1)year of experience in system analysis, development and management, web design, and SQL and/or ACCESS database, which includes successful experience in developing integrated, innovative databases and web pages
* Experience in data analysis and reporting
* At least (6) months experience with Dreamweaver and WS-FTP Pro
******* For immediate response mention Job #2825489 in Subject ***
Connvertex Technologies is a unique company focused on delivering some of the industry’s top IT talent for government agencies. Our...