DentalPlans.com in Plantation, Florida, is looking for an application developer to develop and oversee the operations related to extractions, transformations, and data loads (ETL) processes. You will be responsible for programming the queries and configuring job controls. This work is needed to automate batch data processing for internal record processing, data transfers to/from numerous networks and other external business partners. Additionally you will be responsible for setting up data marts and data warehouses used by the business for creating automated reports and business intelligence.
Job Requirements: The applying candidate needs to have the following skills.
- Possess analytical skills, ability to 'think outside the box' and move concepts to implementation. Act as SME in report and ETL development.
- 3+ years’ experience with large scale commercial SQL databases utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services implementations and have direct experience with SSRS report writing
- Experience using and implementing 3rd party job scheduling software used to standardize and automate batch job processing
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and tune SQL processes and complex SQL queries
- Proficient in VB, VB.net, classic ASP and ASP.net
- SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2008 – Experienced and versed in creating sophisticated SQL Server databases to quickly handle complex queries
- Proficient in XSLT and XML parsing
- Schedule and oversee nightly batch job data runs. Troubleshoot failed batch jobs, correct outstanding issues and resubmit scheduled jobs to ensure completion.
- SharePoint development a plus
Job Duties: Ability to take ownership of the task assigned. You must be able to work in a close team environment, on site to share and contribute ideas.Take direction from the senior staff. Work with Solutions Architects and IT Managers to turn business requirements into automated data feeds, database updates, data transformations and report creation. Ensure scheduled automated tasks are executed without error. Quickly identify and correct data feed and database updates when errors occur. Program and configure our SSRS environment to meet the needs of the business. Ability to quickly perform T-SQL ad-hoc data analysis and QA data elements as requested.