Job Title: Database Developer
Requisition Number: 9779
Location(s): US, California, Dublin
EPICOR… Our Mission: Be the leading provider of industry-specific business software that drives growth and profitability for our customers.
EPICOR SOFTWARE CORPORATION is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and large enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability.
Epicor is recognized as “visionary” for completing the convergence of multiple ERP products together to create a comprehensive, 100% SOA-based solution. This strategy has enabled Epicor to continually adapt to the latest technologies available, while allowing customers to protect their investment. Utilizing Web services, Epicor helps businesses rapidly respond to change, adjust for growth, and maintain their competitive advantage on a local, regional, or global scale.
With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional, and global business demand.
Individual will be part of the Epicor Automotive Information Services Data Operations development team. Epicor is the leader in providing business solutions and information to the Automotive Aftermarket.
The Data Operations development team is responsible for the Epicor suite of content and the tools and utilities that the team provides are the foundation for facilitating all areas of the Information Services data flow process that includes acquisition, validation, aggregation, production, and distribution of automotive related content.
Responsibilities include analysis, design, development, testing, and support of new and existing database entry and production programs, scripts, stored procedure packages and libraries.
Ideal candidate must be versatile, learn quickly, work well as part of a team, communicate well both written and verbally, be willing to develop expertise in multiple product areas, and will be expected to cross train on selected existing products as well as being involved in new designs and product implementations.
- Participates in collaborative team discussion to identify database architecture and software requirements and design
- Develops, documents, and communicates database software and object design
- Codes, tests, and assists with deployment, quality assurance and support of database software and objects
- Troubleshoots and maintains database software and objects, including performance tuning
- No travel required.
- Work environment – Cubicle offices, casual dress
- 7+ years relational database development
- 3+ years Oracle PL/SQL
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience with batch processing, transaction processing and time-sensitive applications
- Proven expertise in performance tuning large scale database applications
- Demonstrated aptitude for data analysis
- Good written & verbal communication skills
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
- Experience with XML
- Experience g athering and converting user requirements into technical and functional specifications
- Experience with Oracle Applications Express
- Experience with MS-Access/VBA
- Experience with Unix tools/scripting
- Experience with C/C++ and/or Java
- Knowledge of automotive industry and data standards (ACES, PIES, etc.)
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Epicor - 6 months ago