Job ID #: 23320
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelor of Science
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Are you a Database Developer who wants to work for a strong and innovative online travel technology company? Then Expedia is looking for you! The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team is currently looking for talented and highly motivated Database Developer that can partner with delivery management, QA/test and build teams to support the business by delivering high quality solutions for the Enterprise Data Warehouse. As the Database Developer, you would be responsible for the full development lifecycle of the solution, including detailed design, code development, code reviews, unit testing, build/test support and finally deployment activities and post deployment support.
Responsibilities include assessing business rules; performing source to target data mapping; designing, reviewing, implementing and optimizing ETL processes; reviewing project plans, development and test specifications; performing data analysis; providing development support for existing systems; troubleshooting data and/or system issues; building/extending toolsets; creating/maintaining batch jobs; creating systems documentation; mentoring other ETL developers etc. Provide data analysis and identify data related issues within the Data Warehouse environment as well as upstream systems, as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a developer in ETL Development
- Database development in an MPP DW environment is a must have with an eye for tuning and performance
- Development background should include experience in Informatica Power center version 8.5.1, preferred
- Strong scripting skills to perform data/file manipulation (e.g., PERL)
- Strong background in Data Warehousing environment.
- Experience as ETL Lead is a plus.
- Qualified individuals will have a solid background in DB2/SQL Server query and data investigation fundamentals.
- Ability to read and interpret data schemas, with emphasis on DB2/SQL Server implementations.
- Proven ability to create and maintain online and printed documentation.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to deliver appropriate resolution of technical, procedural, and operational issues.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to drive investigations to completion and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred.
- Experience with data warehouse technologies and/or a back-end reporting system is required.
Core Competencies :
- Strong skills in DB2 SQL stored procedures, views, etc.
- Informatica Powercenter experience preferred.
- Ability to create, read, understand, and interpret Data Models.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. EDWTeam
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...