The Database Developer ensures that database systems are optimally designed for stability, availability and performance. This includes the setup, maintenance, security, problem detection/resolution, and tuning of databases in a networked environment. The Database Developer creates user interfaces and reports as necessary to access information from the databases. The Database Developer assists in creating and coordinating database backup and recovery plans, as well as minimizing data loss when a failure occurs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develops policies and procedures designed to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the database(s)
- Provides documentation of logical and physical database design.
- Performs database performance monitoring and implements efficiency improvements.
- Oversees the design and maintenance of database structures and dictionaries.
- Assists in the preparation of backup and recovery strategies and ensure that validity is tested on a regular basis.
- Must create user interfaces and reports as necessary to access information from the databases.
- Provides database design consulting and advisory services to users and application support.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends new tools, technology, and products to enhance various database application components.
- Ensure that databases are developed in compliance with Enterprise architectural guidelines and standards and consistent with the System Development Life Cycle.
- Builds complex views, aggregation/indexing strategies, queries, and scripts to automate DBA functions and improve database performance.
- Assists in database capacity planning, including disk, CPU, memory, and network bandwidth requirements.
- Knowledgeable of C#, SSIS, stored procedures, and other applicable methods and languages to develop applications and interfaces to access database information.
- Assist application support staff in identifying and resolving application data issues.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to maintain appropriate Gaming License.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Assist in other duties and projects as assigned.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino.
- Indirectly supervises all systems users on the property.
FireKeepers Casino Battle Creek - 16 months ago