General Position Overview:
Under general direction, has full technical knowledge and thorough understanding of the business application and projects. Contributes to the estimation of tasks. Regularly contributes to the development of products. Works with customers and technical staff to resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Participates in creation of content for software user manuals. This position will primarily focus on the database tier of the application. Typically requires at least 3 years of experience.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
· Develop software as designed
· Learn, retain and expand from training
· Follow patterns and practices
· Works well with within a team, follow directions
· Can manage daily tasks and meet deliveries
· Develop code iteratively
· Assist QA and Docs as required
· Review other developers code
· Willing to accept code review feedback
· Document all technical work
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis, or a related study, or equivalent experience.
· Strong T-Sql programming
· Experience working within a team-based environment.
· Visual Studio 2010 or higher
· Experience working with SQL Server 2008 or later
· Desire and ability to learn and grow as a Database Developer
· General server administration on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Sql Server 2005 or later
· Sql Server BI skills such as Reporting Service and Analysis Services
· C#/.NET programming especially .NET Sql Client and Sql CLR
· SSIS packages
· PowerShell scripts
· Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
· Agnostic towards technology choices; more interested in results than in personal choices.
· Knowledge with financial services.
· Experience using common design patterns
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.