As a Senior ETL Developer, you will assure the success of our novel big data product by improving our systems of taking in turbine-level data and utilizing it optimally. You will be working with a team of expert data scientists to perfect an existing SaaS that helps significantly expand the use of renewable energy technologies. This is an opportunity to use the deep competencies developed in the IT industry to solve industrial problems at a large scale.
- Solid database skills (5+ years experience)
- Create and maintain all database objects
- Create high performance and complex queries and stored procedures
- Work closely with Data Scientists and UI
- Participate in design and development of scalable, reliable systems
- Perform optimization in big data environment
- Comfortable with ACID concepts
- Experience implementing database security best practices
- Preferably experience in MySQL and NoSQL
- Relational and dimensional data modeling
- Linux platforms and shell scripting
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience in AWS a plus
- Experience in production environments a plus
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment; copes well with workload pressure and deadlines
About Fluitec Wind
View a 1 minute intro here: http://prezi.com/eype1yqoi9cj/fluitecwindcom-introduction/
Fluitec Wind is a clean technology company focused on decreasing the cost of wind energy through data.
Wind turbines are discrete, distributed, and unique, but networked to produce vast quantities of data ( >1GB/turbine/year). Fluitec Wind capitalizes on this by employing advanced data mining, predictive analytics, behavioral targeting, to reduce the cost of O&M. One-third of the lifetime cost of a wind turbine is in this operations and maintenance (O&M): or 100% of the post-installation cost. O&M is the "fuel" that is required to run a wind turbine. Using our cloud-based SaaS platform, wind operators feed us data and we predict, prevent, and act to decrease turbine costs.
We are a unique IT based renewable energy company with a mission, a defined niche, and a passion to execute. We are rich in eclectic backgrounds, are ridiculously dedicated and are unified around a passion to succeed!
Fluitec Wind is a revenue generating, early stage, VC-backed company. The company is awarded $3.3M in funding from the state of New Jersey with the goal of reducing the cost of wind energy so that it can expand within the state.
Please visit us at www.fluitecwind.com: read the blog!