What does a Database Developer do?
Design and develop database solutions utilizing SQL Server 2005/2008. Will develop and maintain data solutions while utilizing existing database frameworks and designing new database implementations. Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers. Analyze requirements documentation and technical specifications for incorporation into development work. Responsible for transferring data to and from 3rd party vendors. Analyze and trace existing stored procedure logic to determine data flow, and troubleshoot issues. Perform adhoc reporting requests and implement scheduled reporting and notification processes.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a knack for paying attention to the details. You should enjoy leaving no stone left unturned, and no change left untested. You should have a desire for improving data quality, data storage, and data monitoring. A self-starter who likes to figure out why things work the way they do, and a multi-tasker who can prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks and projects.
Additional Experience Preferred:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in CS, IT or related field
- 5-6 years of database design and development experience with SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 proficiency including strong Transact-SQL stored procedure and function development experience
- Proficiency with SQL and experience with SQL query tuning and optimization
- Oracle and MySQL
- Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
Intouch Solutions - 2 years ago