The Database Developer will play a key role in building and maintaining mid to large scale databases and participate in ongoing database design of internal software. The Developer will work integrally with media, account, and analytical teams to automate and streamline internal processes through use of VBA and SQL.
In many instances this will require the development of specific templates, applications, reports, tools, and software to ensure the maximum leverage and optimum processing of internal company information.
(S)he will participate in internal account and media team meetings as necessary. Including, but not limited to, planning, research, and business development meetings.
(S)he will need to gain familiarity with existing software and will play a role in continued development, improvement, and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new, optimized, SQL (stored procedures and adhoc)
- Enhance existing SQL for new features and/or performance
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, updates, and improvements to the system as necessary
- Support the rest of the development team in the effective utilization of database
- Proactively participate in the ongoing development of applications that meet the needs of our team
- Assist Management teams by designing, adapting, and improving reports across multiple clients using Excel and VBA skills
- Identify the need for specific processes, tools and reports and create them accordingly
- Monitor, adjust and improve existing automated data processing processes using VBA to ensure smooth and timely running of internal systems. Identify opportunities to use VBA to streamline manual data processing and eliminate error; and to eliminate duplicative work and information
- Reporting and Analysis. Produce ad-hoc reports, analyses and research as required.
- Provide general support to account management and analytics teams wherever possible and appropriate
- Follows all company health and safety procedures
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required. Master’s degree (M.A., M.S., MBA, etc.) preferred
3+ years related experience required
Ocean Media - 2 years ago