Scientific Technologies Corporation is looking for a qualified individual who is seeking a challenging and rewarding development environment creating and supporting state-of-the-art IT systems for public health. The individual must have the ability to multi-task, be creative, innovative, flexible and organized. As a team member of STC, you have access to a terrific benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, AD&D, life insurance, and 401K with company match and profit sharing potential. For more information on STC, visit our web site www.stchome.com.
- Oracle database development, maintenance, and support.
- Assistance with client database issues.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- Two or more years of Oracle database development experience.
- Experience with software development life cycles and database development and design preferred.
- Design tables, views, and other objects for new functionality and participate in database design decisions.
- Develop Oracle stored procedures and packages, functions, and triggers using PL/SQL.
- Develop scripts using SQL and PL/SQL programming to support client activities including data modification and reporting.
- Ability to debug and tune SQL statements.
- Ability to support client DBA activities including performance tuning and identification and recommendations to resolve other issues between the database and application.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, should be able to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Must have the ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and work under tight time constraints.
- Customer and account management experience desirable.
- Experience with Java desirable.
- Should be familiar with some or all of the following: JSP, XML, J2EE frameworks, Struts, Ant, Subversion, and one or more Java Application Servers (Tomcat, Oracle 10gAS, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server would be beneficial.
- Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
- Local candidates only.
- Must be an independent contractor who is affiliated with a corporation (LCC, C-Corp, or S-Corp etc.)
Indeed - 30+ days ago