Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric. |
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure Transportation team has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Database Developer in our Austin, TX location. As part of the database / back-office team, this person will work on Oracle 11g Database solutions which store and process toll system transactions and operations data. The systems are highly available and responsible for millions of micro-transactions per day, and represent the most accurate tolling system in the world. The system is built on top of a set of generic cores that are customized for each client. The position is both centric around reports and data retrieval/updating for both new and existing installations.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing Oracle reports and stored procedures
- Managing the entire SDLC from requirements interpretation, design, documentation, coding, review, testing, release, and maintenance for new installations
- Design/develop/support custom report creation for clients
- Monitor and tune performance
- Work on ad hoc reporting and data analysis needs
- Provide PL/SQL and data expertise to the development team
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years experience developing queries, procedures, and reports for enterprise Oracle environment, preferably in a 24x7x365 environment
- Proven Oracle database performance analysis with large data sets involving billions of records
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- In-depth knowledge of PL/SQL including tuning, triggers, and stored procedures
- 1+ years experience with Linux including shell scripting.
- Ability to manage and aggressively push project deadlines
- Big picture thinking with regard to design and solution architecting
- Superior English writing and communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills and improve existing ones
- Experience with MySQL is a plus
- Knowledge of (micro) transactional or tolling systems is a plus
- Experience with highly-reliable systems is a plus
- Python experience is a plus
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what its like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations Make the most of their energy.
Telvent - 2 years ago