The Database Developer is responsible for design, development, implementation and maintenance of database systems. This position will support all phases of the SDLC from requirements review through implementation. This position will design and code new database applications, reports and queries and participate in the strategic planning around future development of the company applications and data environment.
- Responsible for working with Relationship Management, Strategy and Architecture, Solution Delivery and business partners to analyze data needs, design or evaluate solutions and develop databases to meet business requirements
- Create complex reports and queries in line with business requirements
- Design, develop and maintain reporting hierarchies and database structures
- Develop and perform detailed unit, quality assurance and regression tests to validate the readiness of internal and externally developed code for production
- Create technical documentation
- Partner with external vendors and consultants to collaborate on development efforts.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of database and application issues
- Work with tools for project work tracking, bugs/issue handling and database object source control
- Contribute to routine production support by participating in off-hours data/process management rotations
- Ensure data integrity and security
- College degree required
- 3-5 years experience in MS SQl Server and Oracle 11 g database development
- Must have hands on experience with MS SQL Server/Transact-SQL and SQL Server DTS Packages and Oracle
- Experience with MS SQL Server SSIS/Reporting Services/Notification Services/Analysis Services and Oracle BI a plus
- Hands-on experience in database program design and development
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse/Marts
- Query optimization and tuning
- Experience in creating stored procedures, functions, triggers and views
- Experience designing ETL processes
- Familiar with Big Data, Master Data Management a plus
- Experience in business requirements analysis and conversion to database design
- Experience developing logical and physical data models
- Knowledge of proper database normalization, indexing, transaction protection and locking is essential
- Must demonstrate a clear understanding of the logical and physical database design (for both transactional and data warehouse) and the data normalization concepts
- Good/proven troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Must have a teamwork focused attitude and be skilled at building relationships within IT organizations and across business functions
- Experience with SDLC and Agile Development a plus
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Financial Services experience a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of data integrity protocols and security requirements and techniques
- Experience with reporting tools: SAS, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, etc.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a National IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry's leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
The ACI Group, Inc. - 22 months ago