The primary purpose and function of this opening is to guide and support the database development of a high-transaction multi-tiered service oriented OLTP system. The candidate will collaborate with existing DBA’s, architects and developers to design, document, develop, and deploy new functional and non-functional business requirements. T o perform this function, the candidate must have a solid understanding of both physical and logical aspects of database systems and be able to collaborate with software developers to achieve the desired functionality while maintaining database performance, integrity, reporting functionality and overall vision.
The ACTIVE Nettwork development team currently uses Microsoft’s SQL Server 2005/2008 for both OLTP and OLAP.
- Work with architects and developers to create effective database designs for non-functional requirements such as performance, security and scalability
- Work with developers and business analysis to create effective database solutions to meet business and functional requirements
- Mentor developers on correct usage of database technologies, best practices, and standards
- Assist in the troubleshooting of database issues in development and production environments
- Help deliver reporting solution and integrate with the existing Active Data Warehouse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Advanced Computer Science degree or equivalent a plus
- Formal training and in relevant database methodologies a plus
- Database certifications is a plus
Stored Procedure devlopment
- Team player, must be able to excel as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong Database skills including T-SQL, PL/SQL, replication
.net and or Java is plus
Strong modeling and documentation skills (knowledge of Embarcadero ER/Studio is a plus)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 experience
Oracle experience (10g or 11g a plus)
Experience in relational database design and tuning including: Logical and physical database design, Entity relationship modeling and ETL Processes using tools such as Golden Gate.