TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time .NET Developer/Programmer to join the Software Development team in Atlanta, Georgia.
The .NET Developer/Programmer analyzes, designs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements as they relate to solutions used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs with an Oracle database. Using current programming language and technologies, writes stored procedures, design/supports database tables, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Logical/physical database design and development for database software, imbedded processes, and database applications
- Database backup/recovery & disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
- Creates daily, weekly, and monthly database preventive maintenance scripts and jobs.
- Compiles and writes documentation of database application program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Consults with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Performs or directs revision, repair, or expansion of existing database applications to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes, analyzes, reviews, and rewrites database applications, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Writes or contributes to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Establishes and calculates optimum values for database parameters, using manuals and calculator
- Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Develops data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
- Develops methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs
- Improves the performance of database operation through methodologies, such as indexing.
- Being able to develop the objects and scripts to read, transform and load the data from a source system to a target system.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Prior working knowledge/experience/proficiency of .NET development on an Oracle database/technology, version 10G or higher.
- Ability to work with diversified and teams located in different geographic reason.
- Good communications skills are required to help development teams and management teams with decision making process on Oracle design and implementation.
TransCore - 18 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...