This position will work with a team of data professionals in the design and implementation of business intelligence, reporting, and data management solutions for the company.
The scope of this position will include the development of data focused products, managing various data integration projects, and building reporting solutions for strategic applications.
- Assist with the development of products relying on new and existing data warehouse solutions at Velti.
- API Development
- Drive requirements gathering and write specifications for various data products and data integration projects.
- Assist various Velti teams with query design and data transformations supporting data science activities.
- Analyze data structures of various Velti products and recommend improvements
- Build ETL jobs for moving large volume of data across various systems, population of Operational Data Stores and data warehouses.
- Review functional requirements and use cases of various Velti software projects to determine the relevant data requirements.
- Review data models and design documents created by members and/or other development groups.
- Demonstrated technical experience and business acumen
- Deep knowledge of data management disciplines and enterprise architecture best practices
- Strong knowledge of database design patterns and models about highly available big data.
- Experience with advertising Data Management Platforms a huge plus.
- Java development experience preferred, experience with Hadoop Map Reduce a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise of at least one OLTP database, such as Oracle, MS SQL, Postgres, or MySQL is a must.
- Strong knowledge of at least one widely used ETL tool (Talend, SSIS, Informatica, Kettle etc.). Hands on experience with Talend is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in shell scripting in Linux environments (bash, Perl)
- Hands on experience with analytical MPP databases, such as Vertica, ParAccel, or Greenplum are desired, but not an absolute must.
- Any data mining experience a plus.
- Curious about big data problems and just about anything else.
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills