Deadlines/Schedules - The ability to complete, or oversee the completion of, job requirements on schedule, as well as the ability to communicate job status to management, fellow associates, and the client.
Cost-Effectiveness - The ability to produce and oversee quality work within profitability goals.
Communication Skills - The ability to provide effective communication between the client and all internal disciplines.
Customer Satisfaction/Follow-Up - The ability to establish a rapport with the client that can potentially lead to increased sales.
Strategic Skills - The amount and quality of planning and proactive skills exhibited.
Team Building - The ability to raise and maintain morale through leadership and effective communication.
A team oriented position where the Database Engineer designs, implements, maintains, and releases production level database objects (stored procedures, triggers, tables, user defined functions, and indexes), performs complete database releases, supporting application modules, or scripts as defined by the software specifications and\or the business requirements agreed upon by the customer. The Database Engineer will participate in design sessions with application engineers and works closely with systems analysts, who develops the business and software specifications for the project objectives. This position demands the highest level of quality, completeness, and innovation. Works at the direction of the Commercial Software Development Manager.
A minimum of 3 years of practical experience using MS SQL Server in a production environment. Experience participating in all phases of the software development life cycle (analysis, design, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, release, and maintenance).
Education and Experience:
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining SQL Server 2005, or SQL 2008 R2 databases is a must.
- Strong skills designing, developing, and maintaining SSIS packages
- Practical experience with C# .NET, Perl, VB Script, Java Script, or ColdFusion is a major plus. Exposure to MS Access, MySQL, and Oracle is also a plus.
- Demonstrated skill in relational table design and applying optimized indexes
- Experienced migrating DTS packages to SSIS packages
- Highly Competent using Query Analyzer
- Solid knowledge at solving performance problems with Execution Plan and SQL Profiler analysis
- Ability to create highly optimized stored procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Capable of automating conversion processes
- Ensures that all information is presented in the proper sequence, format, and functionality to satisfy the business rules and quality requirements of the customer.
- Documents all development activities to accommodate future maintenance.
- Follows recommended practices for data protection and backup.
- Available for overtime per project requirements.
- Produces documentation or services in accordance to schedule.
O'Neil & Associates, Inc. - 14 months ago