Standard Job Description:
Performs analyses, development and evaluation of databases which includes database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design, develop and maintain databases. Reviews data loaded into the data bases/warehouses for accuracy. Responsible for preparation of system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
Specific Job Description:
The Database Engineer – Mid Level shall participate in the customer requirement definition phase, provide design recommendations, and conduct the database application development. The Database Engineer shall evaluate design and implementation of existing database and application systems to ensure optimal efficiency and performance of deployed systems and participate in project test activities. The Database Engineer shall work with the Project Manager and other team members to gather requirements and design and implement applications in alignment with project schedule. The Database Engineer shall identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams, provide data flow diagrams and document the process. Additionally the Database Engineer shall write code for database access, modifications and constructions including stored procedures. The Database Engineer shall incorporate best practices, standards and processes as well as draw on team expertise and other customer resources to provide timely, technically sound recommendations that meet customer requirements.
1. Eight (8) years demonstrated experience in database development for relational and/or cloud-based databases.
2. Four (4) years combined experience in at least 3 of the following for relational and/or cloud-based databases:
a) Database development and software engineering/development;
b) Database Design and Data Modeling;
c) Writing Java code to access a database using JDBC or Open Database Connectivity (ODBC);
d) Requirements analysis/generation;
e) Developing systems and software architectures;
f) Using cloud technologies (e.g., MapReduce, BigTable, Hadoop, etc.).
3. Two (2) years demonstrated experience leading teams on small to mid-size development efforts and in each phase of the development life cycle.
4. Two (2) years demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining automated installation scripts.
5. Demonstrated experience developing database solutions in a multi-tiered environment.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of Public Key technologies (e.g., Public Key based authentication mechanisms) for applications, enabling, row and column security, Virtual Private Databases, and dynamically loading data to a database from XML.
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.
The SI Organization, Inc. - 9 months ago