ABSi Corporation is seeking a Database Engineer to develop the database design of a "big data" data structure for enterprise application system. This data structure will use a combination of NO-SQL (Hadoop and Cassandra) and SQL (My SQL) database technologies and will be hosted in an Amazon Web Services virtual environment.
Must have an Active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Job location: Reston, VA
Unique skills required for this position
- Minimum of 10 years combined experience working with enterprise No-SQL (Hadoop and Cassandra) and SQL ( My SQL, SQL Server or Oracle) databases. Experience should include work with the database structures that are highly complex with record counts in the millions.
- Experience with cloud based services
- Experience with database structures that are highly complex with record counts in the millions
- Extensive experience of data search and retrieval using complex queries
- Extensive understanding of database design and data modeling tools and techniques
- Extensive knowledge of virtual infrastructure hosting technologies and limitations (Amazon Web Services experience is a plus)
- Experience translation customer requirements into system/database requirements. This will require a firm understanding of the full life cycle systems engineering from customer requirements to operational capability.
- Extensive experience working with transactional databases. This includes experience with electronic record keeping logs to track additions, deletions and modifications of database records
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with conversion and merging of large, disparate datasets. This data conversion experience should include a focus on meta-data mapping between unique datasets
- Experience supporting web based applications access to an enterprise database. This includes access to data via a standard web service framework such as JDBC, ADO
- Experience meeting customer security accreditation standards for a production database system
- Experience with business aspects and impacts of cloud computing, potential cost consideration and strategies benefits to adoption of cloud
- Experience with differentiating cloud categories and adoption measures
- Understanding of risk involved and risk mitigation measures in cloud computing
- Understanding of the steps to successfully adopt cloud services
ABSi Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
ABSi Corporation will take affirmative action to employ qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans.
Regarding any position for which an applicant for employment is qualified, ABSi Corporation will not discriminate against any applicant because of physical or mental disability. ABSi Corporation will take affirmative action to employ qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability.
ABSi Corporation - 14 months ago