Clearance Level: Clearable
Years of Experience: 5+
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Required Technical Certifications: None Noted
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
Technica Corporation is looking for a Database Engineer to join a growing software team working on challenging internal and government customer related projects. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of the design, development and delivery of various database solutions to include relational and non-relational databases.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and deliver / implement database solutions to include: architecture design, prototyping, development of standards, design and development of test plans, development and testing, solution debugging, design and implementation of a solution that follows efficient design techniques and development that meets and exceeds the intent of the design of the data solution.
- Effectively manage day-to-day tasks / activities in coordination with a team of developers to meet the deliverables and schedule of a solution component within a larger application project.
- Lend support as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Support and maintain database systems to meet delivery specifications and needs.
Individual must have the following skills:
- 5 or more years in a database / software engineering environment
- Good working knowledge of database operations concepts (indexation, replication, and recovery models)
- Ability to write and tune databases for performance and scalability
- Ability to work in a collaborative, and fast paced development environment
- Must be able to step outside of your comfort level and work with new database technologies
- Experience working with traditional relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Desired experience with new non-relational database technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.