Lead Database Developer
About Capital IQ:
Capital IQ is a leading provider of data and analytics for global financial professionals. We founded our business in 1999, and now work with over 4,200 client firms, including many of the world's most successful investment banks, asset management firms, private equity firms, universities, and corporations.
Our mission is to change the way global professionals gather and analyze information, so they can work faster, better, and smarter. We help our clients identify investment opportunities, draw unique insights and increase returns by providing them with deep information on companies, markets, and people along with powerful applications for desktop research and analysis.
You will work with a small team of intelligent and ambitious database professionals recruited from top universities and industries. The team is responsible for the architecture, design and development of large-scale database systems hosting both Market Data and Financial Data.
You will be responsible for breaking complex tasks into smaller units of work, and designing the technical solutions to difficult data processing problems.
Be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server & T-SQL. Examples of such topics are:
- Modeling and querying hierarchies and graphs in SQL Serve
- Recursive querying using Common Table Expressions (CTEs)
- Index Internals, Fragmentation physical modeling and how to index for performance
- Entity Relationship modeling of elaborate financial data systems
- Complex aggregations, including nested aggregations (i.e. aggregations on top of aggregations).
10+ years of hands-on database development or information architecture experience, preferably using Microsoft SQL Server.
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
MHF Information Technology
S&P Capital IQ
McGraw Hill Financial - 19 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....