Responsible for maintaining and updating repositories of documentation generated by multiple participants in complex, multi-project acquisition programs. Design, maintain, and enhance the taxonomy by which this material is organized. Ensure that this material is readily accessible to members, responding quickly and effectively to requests for information, and making data accessible to programmers and end users.
- Monitors and maintains the databases and restructures if needed, including confirming the validity of the data contained in the file databases.
- Assists in the creation of structures and standards for use and maintenance of the databases, including enabling information to be pulled through various reports, ability to organize data through various methods, communication links to users, availability to user friendly options, etc.
- Ensures database access and connectivity support by collaborating with end users.
- Assists in the implementation of database maintenance and security procedures including adding and removing users, and administering quotas.
- Assist in defining database design and management standards and documenting new and existing systems and procedures.
- Assist in the creation and maintaining databases used to support Acquisition oversight functions.
- Collaborates with users to ensure that the Database meets their requirements.
- Communicates to all users any updates to file databases.
- Assists in the implementation of operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection and database editing procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems concerning database records and communicate this information to users.
Bachelor’s Degree in information systems with a concentration in database administration or other business acquisition, contract management, or program management related field. 7 years of demonstrated experience in Data Management; knowledge of document management processes and software; knowledge of how to create, implement, and maintain data file structures, knowledge of the use of system utilities to troubleshoot faulty database information.
This job requires that you possess the proper Department of Defense Clearances needed for access to sensitive information including the ability to pass a polygraph exam.