Our bank is built on exceptional people like you who are genuinely committed to providing their personal best every day for our customers. Since 1905, Mechanics Bank has been a leading independent community bank. We are one of the largest banks headquartered in the Bay Area and we're still growing. We're looking for more great employees. If you make our team, you'll join the best of community banking. We offer a wide range of automatic and elective benefits and programs to support your personal needs and financial goals.
Manages and fully leverages the Bank’s marketing databases. Responsible for data integrity, data analysis and report generation to support the Bank’s business goals. Conducts analysis, draws conclusions and provides recommendations to inform business decisions. Develops and produces reports that provide customer-related data in a clear, easily-understandable format for senior managers, Marketing Managers, and Product Managers. Works with vendors to resolve data issues. Develops documentation for reports and processes.
Essential/Required Duties and Responsibilities:
relating to attrition, segmentation, and profitability. Recommends
- Consults with managers to design and produce customer analysis
alternate data sources and alternate analysis approaches, when
that provide marketing, customer, product, account, balance and
- Develops and creates reports from the Bank’s Marketing databases
relationship -related data in a clear, easily-understandable format
for senior managers, Marketing Managers, Product Managers.
integrity of the data. Recommends improvements to the processes
- Maintains the Bank’s marketing databases to ensure and improve
and rules for bank-wide data entry to ensure data integrity.
Performs data appends to enhance customer data. Maintains
synchronicity of marketing databases. Implements version updates
and software upgrades. Identifies and resolves data issues.
track product and sales performance, analyze marketing campaign
- Conducts analysis, interprets findings, and draws conclusions to
results, and inform business decisions.
- Generates lists for marketing campaigns and direct response
- Writes report executive summaries to describe what the reported
monthly data loads and helps troubleshoot issues.
- Works with the IT department to ensure current and accurate
methods, and marketing support processes. Makes timely updates
- Documents data definitions and sources, analysis and reporting
to marketing databases based on core application database
changes, e.g., product code changes.
database and process maintenance.
- Maintains good relationships with outside vendors to help with
We offer a full range of benefits to support the financial goals and personal needs of our employees and their families. See Benefits and Programs link on our Careers page.
Salary commensurate with experience.
No relocation, no agencies, please.
Mechanics Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Essential/Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
formulas, importing/exporting data from multiple sources, using
- Expert proficiency in MS Excel including analyzing data using
Lookup and Reference functions,
managing tables, using proper joins to produce accurate queries;
- Expert proficiency in MS Access including creating, importing and
proven database knowledge and programming skills including basic
knowledge of SQL.
COA), Fiserv Premier, Lotus Notes, Cognos Impromptu, and
- Preferred knowledge of MCIF databases (e.g., Raddon Integrator,
- Ability to learn new systems and new software functions in a timely
Marketing infrastructure (name and address processing, list
- Knowledge of banking business, data, and reporting concepts.
- Knowledge of report writing programs and algorithms.
- Thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of Database
generation, suppressions) and third-party software in the Database
Marketing field, (especially campaign management and marketing
statistical modeling techniques.
- Basic knowledge of project management process and concepts.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using advanced
to be solved, selection of the data elements, and how to combine
- Ability to problem-solve. Analytical skills to determine the problem
the data to achieve the desired results.
including data inconsistencies.
- Skill in data accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to present the data in a useful and understandable format.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to work with vendors regarding marketing database issues,
Certifications, Licensing, and other Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
MS Excel and Access; SQL; Preferred knowledge of MCIF databases.
Mechanics Bank - 22 months ago
The Mechanics Bank operates more than 30 branches serving the San Francisco Bay and greater Sacramento areas of California. It...