Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
Job Description: The Database Marketing Analyst is an individual contributor position. This individual can be responsible for a wide variety of functions supporting databases, list processing, (existing card members or acquisitions) across multiple delivery channels or functional specialties. Further, the DB Analyst provides support for special projects as assigned by Senior Management. The primary focus of the position is contributing to the execution of a group strategy, leveraging in-depth knowledge of various database marketing functional specialties and best practices.
- An experienced industry professional in one of the Database Marketing functional specialties such as database management, list processing, data security control and compliance.
- Is responsible for execution of either a specific List Processing function or an entire processing specialty across multiple delivery channels (e.g. direct mail, email, statement, etc.), or any special project assigned by Senior Management.
- Able to independently manage all job steps associated with multiple delivery channels or special projects within a List Processing functional specialty.
- Provides cross-functional leadership, leveraging in-depth knowledge in a functional specialty or multiple delivery channels, serving as a resource for best practices.
- Interacts with other teams within List Processing on matters regarding processing standards and procedures, audit requirements, statistics, knowledge discovery and data modeling.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide on-the-job training and guidance in technical skills to new employees, and mentoring to less-experienced team members.
- Assist other team members in daily execution of programs including problem resolution and communication with management, utilizing in-depth knowledge and experience.
- Maintains a close working relationship across various functional areas – Marketing, Scoring, Credit Policy and Decision Management – in ensuring timely response to business needs and requests.
- Utilizes advanced technical skills such as SAS, SQL, database concepts, mainframe and related systems in development of new processes, MIS reporting, or execution of production programs.
- Provides recommendations to management regarding infrastructure, operating guidelines and procedures, audit and business reporting, and timely issue resolution,
- Understands the impact/implications of the vast majority of issues that arise during the course of normal list processing activities.
- Uses experience and knowledge to set individual goals and priorities that affect own and group’s work.
- Database professional with experience in list development, preferably within the financial services industry
- B.S. or B.A. preferably in a math or computer science related field
- 4 to 8 years external or 2 to 5 years internal Citi Cards, or other relevant work experience
- High-level of expertise in SAS is essential
- Experience with Unix and mainframe processing platforms
- Experience with SQL or other relevant tools
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Understanding of relational database fundamentals
- Ability to work on a team or individual setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing production environment
- Keen attention to detail, with a focus on quality and accuracy
- Positive attitude
- Self-driven with desire to excel
High School Diploma/GED
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...