Database Marketing Analyst
Job ID : 2013-15521
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 2/14/2013
Job Location: US-MA-Boston
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help create and maximize the PTG’s customer data and web analytics capabilities. Currently we create direct marketing campaigns using limited data about customers (past buyers/products they have purchased). We have much more data about customers/site visitor. By creating a SQL Server cube, and using this information, this person, working with the web online team, and PTG imprint marketing can create actionable insight that can be leveraged by PTG stakeholders to increase ROI from online marketing efforts.
Develop actionable customer insight by analyzing multiple dimensions of customer behavioral data across all marketing and sales channels
Work with IT Dept, PTG, and others to improve the data fields fed into SQL Server
Leverage web behavioral data to identify various dependent variables such as lead or sample submissions.
Serve as lead education on web analytics for PTG to help others in PTG make better business decisions by regularly using, and understanding, web analytics data.
Develop and maintain automated reporting on a variety of platforms across all marketing and sales channels.
Create automated executive reporting and continuously improve API to the needs of the audience.
Perform ad hoc website, web analytics, campaign, and social media performance reporting as needed.
Work in concert with web team to develop SEO/SEM reporting both ad hoc and as regularly needed
Complex reports, ad-hoc queries.
Centralized, branded reports in a dashboard format.
Email, direct mail and phone lists.
Summarized insight as it relates to campaign objectives in business terminology.
Website, web analytics, and social media sentiment trending reports.
In concert with web team to deliver SEO/SEM reporting both ad hoc and as regularly needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science plus three to five years’ work experience.
Other Technical Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of business intelligence concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to discover, analyze, synthesize, and document information needs for both analytical and decision support reporting and monitoring.
- Experience designing and constructing metrics, standardized reports, and custom reports for business intelligence solutions.
- Experience in creating testing methodologies and criteria resulting in the design and implementation of test plans.
- Demonstrable ability documenting tools and applications and providing end user support.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality results when given a set of objective requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and concepts in a clear, concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
SQL Server 2005/2008, including strong SQL programming skills.
Excel 2010 Macro and VBA programming skills.
WebTrends, Omniture or Google Analytics reporting skills preferred.
Pearson Education - 22 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...