Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) owns and operates three professional sports teams: the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. Monumental, which merged Lincoln Holdings and Washington Sports & Entertainment on June 10, 2010, also owns and operates Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the group operates Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the Capitals' state-of-the-art training facility in Arlington, Va., and George Mason University's Patriot Center, located in Fairfax, Va.
Overview : The Database Marketing and Analytics Manager will manage the day-to-day database marketing activities of the Wizards, Mystics, Patriot Center and Verizon Center. Primary responsibilities include creating and deploying scheduled emails that communicate organizational customer service and sales messages. This individual will act as the lead for execution of database growth initiatives including lead acquisition and pipeline development in conjunction with the marketing and analytics team. Additional responsibilities will include the consistent evaluation of campaign effectiveness to ensure maximum efficiency across all efforts.
• Create and send targeted email messages to Wizards, Mystics, Patriot Center and Verizon Center subscribers ensuring appropriate message tracking protocols are in place.
• Create and implement optimized templates focusing on deliberate calls to action and overall engagement.
• Create, deploy and analyze customer service, sales, and experiential surveys.
• Work closely with the sponsorship team to ensure fulfillment of partner contract elements.
• Manage the in-game database growth efforts for the Wizards and Mystics.
• Work with department directors to develop relevant messages to targeted groups.
• Recommend and implement innovative ways to improve sales and marketing processes within and across departments.
• Provide detailed tracking and performance reports on all acquisition and email efforts
• Analyze performance metrics to identify trends and develop recommendations to enhance message performance and database growth.
• Produce, analyze, and provide recommendations on email performance metrics including overall message performance and the related impact on lead development and buyer conversions.
• Establish and execute ongoing system administration and contact updates.
• Manage market research efforts to measure lifestyle and demographic patterns of fans and prospects that lead to targeted campaign development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology, or other related field.
• Three (3) or more years of professional experience with one to two (1-2) years of experience working with email marketing and marketing automation programs.
• Experience creating/editing HTML based emails.
• Experience with Email Marketing Systems, (Experience with Eloqua is a plus.)
• Strong analytics background including experience with incorporating statistics and regression analysis.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, with strong strategic thinking, attention to detail, leadership skills, and ability to work both independently and in teams.
• Must have excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office with a strong background in Excel.
• Maturity, professionalism, and a strong work ethic are essential.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary structure, comprehensive benefits package and is metro-accessible.