This position is responsible for the analysis and extraction of actionable business intelligence ( concerning customer segments and behavior, store/logo/brand/channel performance, and marketing mix decisions, etc.) from internal and external data sources in order to assist in the development of optimal marketing programs and customer contact strategies.
· Conduct analysis of key marketing programs and corporate initiatives across all media and distribution channels. This includes the analysis of stores, logos, divisions, brands, customers, segments, promotions, product offers, creative elements, etc. utilizing data extracted from internal and external data sources.
· Develop response models, sales forecasts, data mining procedures, etc. through the use of analytical and statistical tools such as SAS, Excel, and Access.
· Support key Marketing promotions and store events with necessary sales, product and expense projections.
· Assist in the preparation of direct mail campaigns when needed.
· Partner with outside consultants in the implementation of scoring models for key direct mail promotions.
· Department Liaison with Sterling IT group in a move toward a more dynamic view of our customers to support and improve our CRM activity.
· Evaluate and test new statistical and data mining techniques to improve the evaluation of strategic Marketing promotions and initiatives.
· Strong computer and analytical skills, particularly with respect to the use of relational databases.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Query/Reporting Tools ( SAS, Microstrategy, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.). Proficiency in SAS and/or SQL highly desirable.
· 4 year college degree ( or equivalent work experience)
· M.B.A. and/or experience in a Database Marketing or Business Intelligence role a plus.
Sterling Jewelers Inc. - 20 months ago