Join the Schnucks Team!
Do you have a passion for food and database research, plan and design? If so, Schnuck Markets, Inc. is seeking a new team player to join our Information Systems Grou p team as a Database Modeler.
The Database Modeler possesses extensive experience in database design, data modeling and data architecture for high volume transactional databases in an online 24x7 production environment. The database modeler will provide the technical leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely solutions and services. The DB Modeler’s primary focus is to research, evaluate, plan, design and document all aspects of databases.
T echnical skills and experience:
- Review, maintain, build, support, tune and monitor production Oracle Databases.
- Provide reliable and scalable database infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design.
- Provide support and mentorship to engineers in all aspects of logical database design, creating and tuning queries.
- Work with network admin, server admin and application development teams to identify and correct performance and scalability problems in development, staging and production databases.
- Review, recommend and provide database best practices and standards for online database production services.
- Lead and participate in database design reviews.
- Design and implement optimal physical architecture for Oracle Databases.
- Deep and extensive knowledge of all types of PL/SQL appends, queries and updates; ability to analyze and create complex SQL statements
- Provide database growth collection and capacity planning guidelines.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required.
- Configure high availability solutions and set up monitoring.
- Actively gather statistics from production databases to increase efficiency, improve reliability and minimize operating expenses.
- Work under PCI and HIPAA compliance guidelines.
Talents and Capabilities:
- Hands-on experience with installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle Databases.
- Experience using Kimball data warehousing methodology.
- Must have configured and managed replication instances in Oracle.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in database design/architecture, data modeling, security, performance, scalability, and tuning for high transactional databases
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Database Modeler
- In depth experience with High Availability Configurations.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes bonus potential, 401K with company match, profit sharing retirement plan and comprehensive healthcare. For consideration send your detailed resume, including salary history to:
- Disciplined self-starter w ith strong attention to detail.
- Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused; results oriented.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to present research or other engineeri ng topics to senior management.
- Good oral and written communication skills; polished professi onal; communicates with impact.
- Able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Is flexible and agile – ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations.
- Is a team player, adept at building relationships across organizations.
Directo r, Personnel – Database Modeler
Schnuck Markets, Inc.
11420 Lackland Rd., P.O. Box 46928
St. Louis, Mo 61346-6928
or email to
Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 4 months ago