We have an opening for a Database Production Engineer in the Content & Web Services department. This position is responsible for maintaining
the databases associated with the ABMS products. The person in this role should be both a technical person and someone who can work well with
many other people to solve problems.
Key results areas are Technical Expertise, Quality, Timeliness, Communications, and Functional Leadership.
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Work Experience & Education:
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- BS in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 1-2 years experience with UNIX/Linux operating system with shell scripting experience
- 1-3 years experience with relational database programming
and various text editors;
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL programming, Oracle stored procedure knowledge a plus;
- Proficient with markup languages such as SGML, XML, and HTML and reading/analyzing the various DTDs. Web design experience a must;
- Familiarity with programming logic and concepts (any language resembling perl or C);
- Proficient with use of internet browsers such as Internet Explorer and Firefox and how they are integrated with the products;
- Proficient with software packages, such as PL/SQL Developer, SQL Plus, MS Office (especially Access and Excel), Adobe products, XML editors,
- Familiarity with PHP;
- Proficient with all versions of the Windows operating systems
- Good analytical abilities/problem solver, and the ability to troubleshoot problems for a quick resolution;
- Above average organizational skills/multi-tasking;
- Must have a strong customer focus, including professional phone and email skills;
- Ability to work in groups and alone;
- Good QA abilities/eye for detail;
- Eager to investigate, learn, and use new techniques;
- Flexible approach towards changing environments.
Feb 1, 2013, 6:47:27 PM
Elsevier - 20 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...