• Responsible for data retrieval and analytical support for academic program review and enrollment management activities as well as extracting, collecting, managing, storing and organizing institutional data and other information used in institutional reporting, planning and institutional effectiveness efforts.
• Utilize a combination of advanced database and technical expertise as well as the ability to communicate to non-technical audiences.
• Extract data for statistical analyses by research staff from a variety of data sources.
• Demonstrate capacity to traverse data structures in UniData or other multi-valued database and related report writing/query software.
• Use working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server components such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
MINUMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field plus three years of experience in an information technology position.
• In the alternative, will accept a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field plus five years of experience in an information technology position.
• Will accept a foreign equivalent degree.
Must have some previous employment experience with the following:
• Using demonstrated knowledge of microcomputers and experience developing with various database products or analytic/database tools;
• Working with WEB based administrative applications;
• Querying and/or reporting in multi-valued or relational database environment;
• Engaging in data extraction and manipulation, analytical reasoning, and summarizing information for presentation in a timely manner;
• Employing technical, analytical and problem solving skills;
• Working with MS Office emphasizing Excel and Access;
• Working with SQL Server and other analytical tools or associated database products;
• Using programming languages like Python, C#, VB or vb.net;
• Using knowledge of Data modeling for BI/DW environments;
• Aligning and/or prioritizing tasks as they relate to the overall business plan;
• Executing tactically while understanding strategic impacts;
• Working independently and with a team; and
• Performing Data warehouse functions.
Applications Due By: March 25, 2013.
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Empire State College - 18 months ago