The Database Administrator will primarily be responsible for administering enterprise databases in a heterogeneous environment consisting of Macs, Windows, and Solaris systems. In addition to troubleshooting and problem resolution, the Database System Administrator also works on patches, upgrades, backup, other housekeeping routines, and new system planning and implementation.
Additionally the Administrator will be responsible for MS SharePoint administration.
The candidate should have 3 to 5 years experience in designing, implementing and administrating SQL Server in medium to large organization. Experience with SharePoint, Oracle and MySQL is desirable but not required. In addition, candidate must have a process oriented production environment mindset with excellent understanding of change management. He or she must have excellent project management skills.
The position requires participating in on-call support. The Database Administrator will be required to manage multiple projects and assist the help desk in tier 2 support on database related issues. Must have a customer service orientation and be a quick learner. Must have good documentation skills and ability to work collaboratively and share knowledge with other team members. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a self-starter.
Responsible for maintaining a working environment that leverages the potential and diversity of the department's entire staff. Provide direction and leadership in such a way as to nurture, create and maintain an environment that is (1) free from discrimination, intolerance and harassment and (2) provides employees with equal access to opportunities for growth and advancement including professional development whenever possible.
- The candidate should have 3 to 5 years experience administering MS SQL Server.
- Experience with SharePoint is not required but candidate must be willing to learn.
- Experience with Windows System Administration a plus.
- Experience with Crystal Reports a plus.
- Experience with other MS enterprise products a plus: Exchange, SCCM, PowerShell, AD, etc.
- Macintosh experience is helpful, but not required.
- Experience with VMware a plus
- Experience administering Oracle on Sun/Solaris Server platform and/or Red Hat Linux a plus.
- Experience with Solaris OS and Sun storage systems or experience with any other SAN storage a plus.
- The Database Systems Administrator should be able to manage multiple projects and assist the help desk in tier 2 support.
BA/BS preferred. Professional certifications a plus.