Central Research, Inc. is an award winning small business located in Northwest Arkansas. We provide contract support services to state and federal government agencies. Some of our services include: identification and verification of deceased and incarcerated individuals, data cleansing, administrative support, document conversion to digital files, and Freedom of Information Act & Privacy Act support. Our main goal is to help reduce fraud, waste, and abuse through the prevention of improper payments. At Central Research, we take pride in our quality of work and attention to customer service.
Central Research, Inc. (Central Research) is a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Vietnam Veteran-Owned, and an SBA-Certified 8(a) firm located in Northwest Arkansas.
Position Title: Database Systems Administrator
Reports To: Information Technology Director
Purpose and Scope
We currently seek a Systems Administrator for the SQL environment to ensure operation and maintenance of all SQL databases. This person is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment. Areas of responsibility will include scheduling/monitoring database backup as well as the creation and management of database instances, data migration and upgrades. Be prepared to also actively monitor health and performance of production and non-production SQL database infrastructure and support developers with special database requests and technical assistance. It is extremely important to assure these databases stay online offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and act to prevent them; evaluate system performance issues and determine solutions.
- Understanding of Relational Database Design, MS SQL Business Intelligence, MS SQL Report Server, MS SQL Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, SQL Server Replication and SSIS.
- Experience performance optimization, indexing, partitioning and supporting high capacity databases on SQL.
- Strong knowledge of Database Structured Query Language (SQL) and SQL Scripting.
- Monitor transaction activities and improve the performance of all databases.
- Assist in the development of security policies and procedures as they relate to SQL and data stores.
- Design and maintain change processes for both database and code.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and functionality.
- Maintain separate Development/Test/Production environments
- Assist with the support of the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, Active Directory, Windows Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Participate in meetings in the development of standards and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Education & Experience
- Knowledge and experience managing and supporting Microsoft SQL servers and databases, including database tuning, security, mirroring, replication, backup and recovery.
- Experience with MySQL, Access and DB2
- Scripting – VB Script, batch files, Perl, Windows Powershell or other scripting languages.
- Experience administering and supporting IIS.
- Experience working with SSRS.
- Experience with ETL, EDI, XML, OFX or other data transfer methods
- Ability to optimize stored procedures and queries written by others as well as write stored procedures, triggers, and batch jobs for database maintenance highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Active Directory and Windows (2008/2012) server technology.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization as well as strong technical documentation expertise.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks without full time supervision.
- Work independently and in collaboration with others to evaluate, manage, research, repair, maintain, design, and evolve the computer network.
- Strong detail oriented approach with thorough analytical skills and problem solving.
To apply to this position, please go to www.central-research.com and click on the Careers tab and follow the application process. Please note that the “Work History” and “Education History” asks for addition information not found on most resumes, please complete those sections even if including a resume.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3, prefer 5 years of experience managing SQL server/databases.
- A good understanding of relational database management system, especially SQL.