89 Degrees is an innovative and fast growing marketing firm that specializes in leveraging data and advanced analytics to drive outstanding results for our clients, which include IKEA, Genzyme and Hyundai to name a few. We have an opening in our Database group for a Database and Marketing analyst. The successful candidate will not only be a SAS expert with a solid understanding of database structure, but they will have a strong analytic skill set and a solid understanding of data driven marketing strategy. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong technical skills who is looking to expand analytic and strategic horizons.
Proficiency in SAS programming, deep understanding of database structure, solid business understanding of database marketing, strong problem solving orientation and learning attitude and aptitude are the fundamental skills required.
Primary responsibility is to work on projects to support client specific marketing database solutions in three-phased delivery architecture – data integration and management, business and analytic intelligence, and targeting/measure ment.
- Take the ownership of the accounts/projects assigned
- Be the primary and best resources for the accounts/projects owned and serve as advisors and mentors for the internal and external client
- Implement or lead implementation of the project with quality, on time, within budget, and with technical independence
- Manage, document, and publish the account/project history and execution process, project data, execution codes, logs, and other relevant documents
- Be resource for technical specification and clarification for accounts/projects assigned
- With guidance from manager, interact with cross-function project teams to offer technical consultancy
- Maintain great working relationship with other team members and clients
- Adopt new technologies and improved business processes for innovations and efficiency
- Other assignment as assigned by manager to support team efficiency and team management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced programming/development skills in SAS including in SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO
- Solid understandings of RDBMS data structure, householding, merge/purge, and experience in RDBMS environments like SQL Server.
- Skills and experience in preparing marketing campaign lists from multiple data sources
- Fundamentals of database marketing strategies
- Project management capabilities
- Learning attitude and aptitude
- Can-do and multi-tasking attitude
- Team orientation and communication skill
- 2 – 5 years working experience in database marketing , analytics, and marketing campaigns using SAS
- 2+ years experience of using SAS as a programming language in data intensive environments
- 1+ years experience in using FirstLogic, or willingness and ability to learn
- 1+ years experience in generating Web-based reports, or willing and ability to learn
- 2+ years working in RDBMS/SQL Server environment
Advanced degree in related field is preferred