SCOPE OF POSITION
EdgeCast is looking for a Datacenter Deployment Coordinator who can help grow and maintain our datacenter footprint, operational processes and maintenance bandwidth. This person will be an integral part to of Infrastructure Operations team and will be helping in all aspects of our datacenter implementation, migration and deployment.
- Assist in the overall coordination and execution of EdgeCast’s datacenter operations.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within datacenter operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of network and datacenter diagrams and detailed site documentation.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors for equipment purchasing, shipping, RMA’s, etc.
- Monitor datacenter capacity and provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
- Generate appropriate reports on datacenter metrics for management.
- BA/BS preferred (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years of datacenter operations experience.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and ability to manage servers and direct contract personnel remotely.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with servers and network technologies.
- Must possess strong documentation skills using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other online documentation tools such as a wiki.
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details.
- Must be able to communicate with precision and clarity with remote-hands technicians over the phone to execute datacenter deployment plans accurately.
- Previous experience with a CDN is highly preferred.
- Valid passport.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V
- Hands-on - completes tasks quickly and thoroughly, follows-through and is highly dependable.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast pace, high growth,
- entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity.