POSITION TITLE: Day Habilitation Assistant
POSITION STATUS: 35 Hours/Week; 52 Weeks/Year
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent. Experience within the human services field preferred. Must obtain certification to administer medications within six months of employment. A valid NYS driver's license acceptable to agency insurance standards.
The Day Habilitation Assistant provides direct services as identified in the ISP to individuals enrolled in the HCBW day services. Supervised by the Day Habilitation Instructor I or Program Coordinator with regards to program policies, practices and procedures. Directly responsible to the Assistant Director or Director of Day Services.
1. Implements the individual's service plan as scheduled by the Service Coordinator or Program Coordinator. Provides documentation of delivery of identified services.
2. Provides supervision, training and assistance to consumers in developing appropriate social behaviors which take place in typical community settings such as appropriate conduct in restaurants, on public transportation vehicles, in recreational facilities, and in stores and other public places.
3. Provides supervision, training and assistance to consumers in developing patterns of living, activities and routines which are appropriate to the individual's age and the practices of the surrounding community and which are consistent with the individual's interests and capabilities.
4. Administers medication upon satisfactory completion of the medication administration course.
5. Provides supervision, training and assistance to consumers in developing competency in personal hygiene such as bathing, toileting, dressing and grooming.
6. Provides supervision, training and assistance to consumers in developing health care skills.
7. Provides supervision, training and assistance to consumers in developing basic skills in safety and in using public transportation.
5. Visits appropriate volunteer or potential worksites to observe and develop possible volunteer or employments opportunities for participants.
9. Provides one to one training to help the program participant acquire the necessary social and work skills to meet the volunteer coordinator or employer's expectation (including role modeling/demonstration, shadowing/emotional support, systematic fading) and monitoring/evaluation work performance.
10. Independently transfers service recipients to and from wheelchair, bathroom facilities, therapy table and performs any other transfers as required.
11. Attends and participates in mandatory OMRDD approved training and Agency sponsored in service training as scheduled.
12. Assists the consumer into and out of motor vehicles.
13. Transports program participants, in personal auto or agency van.
14. Performs all other duties deemed necessary by the Assistant Director of Day Services, Director of Day Services or Day Habilitation Services Coordinator.
Please apply online at www.saratogabridges.org
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 23 months ago