35 Hours/Week; 52 Weeks/Year
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Science degree in Human Services, Education, Special Education, Psychology or a related field. One year experience in day services preferred. A valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to agency insurance standards.
Responsible for the planning and delivery of day habilitation services for individuals enrolled in HCBS day waiver services. Reports to the Assistant Director of Day Services with regards to program policies, practices and procedures.
1. Attends initial meetings with the consumer and his/her advocate and the consumer's Service Coordinator to discuss the services requested and begin developing a Day Services Habilitation Plan.
2. Develops, writes and ensures proper implementation and documentation of Day Habilitation goals as identified by the individual service plan.
3. Provides daily direction to Day Habilitation staff to ensure services are being provided as specified in the habilitation plan and that the consumer is satisfied with these services.
4. Insures that consumer's chosen goals are implemented to improve or enhance the individual's independence, inclusion or integration into the community and that the outcomes are individualized.
5. Attends meetings for individuals receiving day services and reviews or revises the Day Habilitation Plan as needed.
6. Organizes Day Habilitation Services Program environment and maintains and requisitions program materials and supplies.
7. Coordinates the delivery of day habilitation activities in the program and community.
8. Administers medication upon satisfactory completion of the medication administration course at the request of Assistant Director of Day Services.
9. Serves as a liaison with the appropriate landlord or the BOCES program to ensure that building and program space is monitored for safety and the needs of the program participants.
10. Completes quality assurance activities in a timely manner.
11. Provides direct assistance in all areas of individual care including, but not limited to, personal hygiene, dining and socialization skills.
12. Plans for and adheres to the general health/safety practices necessary for the welfare of the consumer.
13. Attends and participates in in-service training.
14. Independently transfers service recipients to and from wheelchair, bathroom facilities, therapy table and performs any other transfers as required.
15. Assists the consumer into and out of motor vehicles.
16. Transports program participants, in personal auto or agency van.
17. Visits potential worksites to observe and perform jobs to learn responsibilities for a given position prior to the program participant’s placement.
18. Provides daily one-to-one training to aid the program participant in acquiring the work and interpersonal skills needed to meet the employers’ expectations for work performance and social functioning in the work setting (including role modeling/demonstration, shadowing/emotional support, systematic fading) and monitoring/evaluation work performance.
19. Visits appropriate volunteer sites or potential worksites to observe and develop possible volunteer or employment opportunities for participants.
20. Provides one to one training to help the program participants acquire the necessary social and work skills to meet the volunteer coordinator’s or
employer’s expectations(including role modeling, emotional support, monitoring, evaluations).
21. Performs any other duties deemed necessary by the Assistant Director of Day Services, Director of Day Services or Day Services Habilitation
Monster - 19 months ago