Responsible to operate packaging machines as efficiently as possible in a team atmosphere. Provides assistance to Lineperson as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Responsible for proper packaging line set up.
- Perform Daily Operator checklist at shift change and startup.
- Verifies proper operations and operating scales on packaging machines.
- Gather packaging film from warehouse.
- Ensures proper codes and price are printed on packages.
- Uses proper former and adjusts temperature to have a proper seal on all packages.
- Continuously monitors package for the following hourly:
- Item weight
- Proper seal of package
- Codes and price
- Records film usage data and calculates film waste percentage.
- Works harmoniously with others in a team atmosphere.
- Communicates to incoming shift Machine Operator any difficulties or improvements.
- Maintains efficient methods of operation on all lines.
- Reports any and all conditions that could lead to product contamination.
- Assists Maintenance Department in Packaging Machine repair when necessary.
- Responsible to assist in training new operators.
- Maintains an organized and sanitary work environment at all times.
- Performs daily and end of week sanitation as directed by supervision.
- Completes all bag percentage report and records end of day production. Checks scanning errors and corrects.
- Completes any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Responsible to follow all safety rules and work safely at all times.
- Responsible to report unsafe equipment and practices to supervisor.
- Must adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Requires basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Requires knowledge of all packaging machine equipment and machines used in the Packaging Department.
- Requires forklift license.
- Standing and walking required 100% of time.
- Able to lift a minimum 80 lbs.
- Basic computer skills to enter component usage.
- Requires team skills when working and communicating with others.
- Required to wear non-slip shoes and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Moderate noise from packaging machines.
- Exposed to constant mist of product seasoning during production.
- Moderate to excess heat during summer.
- Daily exposure to slippery surfaces.
Utz Quality Foods, Inc - 20 months ago