Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Design, structure, and maintain one or more discrete databases used by business units or infrastructure units. Test, quality control, and performance tune data to ensure its integrity and reliability. Confer with business unit and technical staff regarding extracting data for particular reports. Monitor or accomplish refreshing of data and installation and testing of new releases or patches of database software. May consult on planning large project, conversion or upgrade
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with data users regarding types of data needed, reporting data inquiries and report requests, and resources needed to accomplish requests.
- Play lead technical role in maintaining or modifying database(s) in production. Track system availability, uptime, and performance. Confer with less experienced DBAs and guide their efforts in maintaining databases.
- Serve as planner and technical consultant on high level project plans and on database architecture, system interface, and report/query development.
- Assess technical requirements to sustain databases in productive condition and plan enhancements, patches, adoptions of new tools and the like to sustain productivity of databases and staff working with them.
- May serve as project manager for specific software upgrade, data migration, software tool integration, or other project relating to efficient operation of databases.
- Provide for training and technical development of staff. Identify training needs and resources to satisfy them.
- Plan, document, evaluate and manage performance of subordinate staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
This role manages database-based processes rather than staff resources.
- Plan and design database changes necessary for data conversion, tool configuration, data refresh or migration or other initiatives related to large application development project.
- Troubleshoot or confer with others troubleshooting errors or production problems involving databases to determine causes and proposed solutions.
- Set and document standards for use of databases with objectives of data integrity, data security, efficient operation, audit requirements, and the like. Communicate to others in development or database administration roles.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...