SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage accounting, controls, and analytics for iBasis commitment deals
- Oversee revenue reconciliation process
- Maintain and distribute various deal related financial analyses
- Verify that accruals are in line with deal contracts
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all deal related accounts
- Coordinate with deal management, customers/vendors, and finance to prepare final deal calculations
- Ensure proper timing and amount of settlements and payments
- Partner with deal management, rate team, and dispute management to resolve invoice disputes
- Seek opportunities to streamline process
- Solid understanding of accounting rules – lot of debits and credits, accruals, etc. Person needs to have some accounting in their background.
- Strong analytic and logic skills – These deals are complex and dynamic. Therefore, the accounting and tracking of the deals is challenging. We need someone who has the ability to look at all of the pieces, put them together and then be able to clearly articulate the situation.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel required
- SAP preferred but not required
- Business Objects preferred but not required
- Team player with good verbal and written communication skills – This person will communicate with finance, sales, deal management, and Customers.
- Telecom background preferred but not required
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Please list experience/education requirements.)
· College degree, accounting preferred
· 5+ Years of related experience
iBasis - 2 years ago