Under the direction of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean of the School of Mathematics and Science plans, organizes, administers, develops and evaluates the programs, projects and activities of assigned academic programs; provides leadership for faculty and staff to offer high quality educational services for College students; supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel; and works collegially with faculty and staff. The Dean supervises both full-time and part-time faculty, classified personnel, and student workers.
Disciplines within the School (including, but not limited to): Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Political Science, Human Services, History, Justice Studies Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biology/Zoology, Astronomy, Geosciences and Wildlife Conservation and Management
Benefits: Approximately 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 21 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 13-15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: Mid $80,000s to mid $90,000s.
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by March 25, 2014.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
- Participate in the identification and reviews of student needs and interests and provide for positive response to such changing needs.
- Participate in budget development and implementation with responsibility for monitoring assigned budgets.
- Review and process student problems and appeals as appropriate.
- Mediate faculty and student grievances.
- Communicate through regular meetings with faculty, counselors/advisors, program managers and directors of assigned areas to share information, guidelines and procedures and coordinate activities and enhance effective communication.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of faculty and support staff.
- Evaluate faculty and staff and review evaluations of faculty assigned to lead instructors according to proper management practices and college evaluation procedures.
- Support, implement and promote compliance with the College's affirmative action plan in all aspects of employment and education; encourage cultural and ethnic diversity in staffing, curriculum, programs and services.
- Participate in planning and/or operations committees and task forces.
- Ensure that accreditation standards are met.
- Ensure proper use, security and maintenance of assigned facilities and equipment and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree or equivalent in a field related to this position.
- Two years of post-secondary teaching experience.
- Three years of management experience, including supervision and evaluation of personnel and budget management.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- Doctoral degree in a discipline within the School of Math & Sciences, higher education leadership or related field.
- Experience in program development and assessment.
- Experience working with diverse populations to create an inclusive and collegial campus climate.
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College - 4 months ago