Fairleigh Dickinson University invites applications for the position of Dean of its School of Pharmacy in the Maxwell Becton College of Arts and Sciences, which received pre-candidate status from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education ( ACPE ) in June, 2012, and accepted its first class in August, 2012. The University is seeking a visionary leader to serve as the chief academic and administrative officer of the School and whose experience and presence within the pharmacy community will serve to build the presence of the School in that community and beyond.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the integration of the School into the local, regional and national healthcare community and for overseeing the growth and expansion of the Doctor of Pharmacy and other programs in the School into a presence within the many distinct areas of the pharmacy community. The Dean also will be responsible for the programmatic leadership and financial management of the Doctor of Pharmacy and other programs in the School, and will serve as the School’s chief liaison to the pharmacy community.
The School of Pharmacy
The School of Pharmacy is committed to educating tomorrow’s pharmacy leaders through a comprehensive program of classroom, laboratory and experiential learning. In line with the mission of Becton College, the School of Pharmacy will provide students with an engaging, challenging and dynamic environment for interactive learning while utilizing the abundant resources within the State of New Jersey to offer experiential learning in a thriving pharmacy community.
The School of Pharmacy is committed to:
Unique to the School of Pharmacy at Fairleigh Dickinson University is the opportunity offered to qualified students to earn a combined Pharm.D. and master’s degree in an area or specific concentration of their choice, with no additional time required to complete the master’s degree. Master’s degree tracks will include Business Administration (M.B.A.), Public Administration (M.P.A.), Pharmaceutical Science (M.S. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry), and Healthcare Delivery (M.S. in Regulatory Affairs or Clinical Trials Management). This approach will create opportunities for students to pursue a divergent set of career options upon completion of their degrees.
- Preparing students for the ever changing practice of pharmacy;
- Providing students with a combination of traditional and unique didactic and experiential learning opportunities;
- Preparing students for pharmacy from a global perspective; and
- Offering students a diverse set of concentrations to train them with a divergent skill set.
Fairleigh Dickinson University was established in 1942 and is the largest private university in New Jersey, offering over 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 12,000 full- and part-time students, including doctoral programs in Clinical Psychology, Nursing Practice, Pharmacy and School Psychology; an AACSB -accredited college of business; and numerous other professionally accredited programs across four distinct colleges.
The University owns and operates two campuses in New Jersey—the Metropolitan Campus in Teaneck-Hackensack and the College at Florham in Madison-Florham Park, as well as two international campuses—Wroxton College in Oxfordshire, England and FDU -Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada.
For more information on the University, visit www.fdu.edu.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
- Proven leadership ability;
- An earned doctorate from an accredited university. A pharmacy or pharmacy-related degree is preferred (Ph.D. and/or Pharm.D.);
- Substantial experience within higher education;
- Attainment of senior academic rank (Associate Professor or above);
- Knowledge of the pharmacy accreditation process and familiarity with the details of experiential education and site establishment within the pharmacy community;
- Ability to locate and secure external funding for a school and programs of this nature;
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and fostering empirical research; and
- A vision and interpersonal skills to build partnerships inside and outside the School of Pharmacy and University-at-large.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to a diverse workforce M/F/D/V.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, candidates should complete the online job application, which can be found at https://jobs.fdu.edu. All applicants should submit a letter of application, full curriculum vitae, and a list of contact information for a minimum of three references. When completing the application letter, candidates are asked to address their academic teaching philosophy and to provide any information or experience relevant to the listed position description.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. It is anticipated that an appointment will be made before March 15, 2013.
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Fairleigh Dickinson University - 2 years ago