Full-time Dean of Academic Affairs, Liberal Arts and Sciences, on the Moorhead campus and within Minnesota State Community and Technical College.
Examples of Duties:
- Ensuring the quality and integrity of academic functions on the Moorhead campus and within the College, with emphasis on liberal arts and sciences;
- Manage credit and hourly course/program offerings;
- Provide strategic instructional leadership for the college;
- Faculty/staff leadership management;
- Oversee implementation of assessment policies and procedures;
- Promote academic achievement and learner satisfaction consistent with established educational objectives, quality standards and fiscal responsibility compatible with the college, mission, visions, and goals;
- Meet with community and industry leaders to identify evolving educational and workforce needs that impact economic growth in the community;
- Maintaining the highest quality regional academic standards is a major performance standard of this position;
- This position involves significant discretion and substantial involvement in the development, interpretation and implementation of MnSCU and M State policy;
- Enforce and implement equal opportunity and affirmative action policies, procedures, and programs as appropriate to academic leadership;
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s degree from regionally accredited college/university;
- Leadership experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of teaching or training excellence at a post-secondary level.
- Doctorate degree;
- Leadership experience in post-secondary education;
- Academic leadership in a community and/or technical college;
- Minimum of three years of administrative or academic experience in higher education;
- Minimum of three years of experience in supervising professional personnel and/or faculty;
- Experience as an instructor at a post-secondary institution;
- Documented success in building partnerships and collaborative agreements;
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching innovations using multiple teaching methods;
- Working knowledge of higher education policies, practices, and procedures;
- Experience in working with collective bargaining;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
- Experience in fiscal planning and budgeting.
The following materials will need to be uploaded and attached to online application :
Letter of interest;
Curriculum vitae (or resume);
Three letters of professional reference; and
College transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening).
Minnesota State Community and Technical College - 19 months ago