Dean of Student Services
Campus Director or Dean of Educational Administration
DEA, CD, Market Director
Bryant & Stratton College is a career college delivering outcomes-based education and training through a flexible, contemporary curriculum in a personalized environment.
The Bryant & Stratton College Dean of Student Services will lead and manage the Student Services department to ensure the delivery of excellent academic advising consistent with BSC’s personalized educational approach in an effort to successfully realize the student success model in support of the BSC’s mission and vision. Responsibilities include: developing and implementing programs to improve retention and graduation rates; directing and coordinating student/associate related activities; assisting and supporting students in all facet of their academic life; oversight of Federal and State reporting requirements and representing the campus in both the BSC as well as external community.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS
1. Leads and manages the student services team to meet or exceed the defined qualitative and quantitative goals.
a. Achieve or exceed within and between term retention goals
b. Achieve or exceed first term retention goals
c. Achieve or exceed program retention and graduation goals
d. Achieve or exceed program and overall registration goals
e. Achieve end-of-term enrollment and no-show projections
f. Achieve or exceed relationship management goals through a qualitative approach to building and maintaining ongoing professional relationships with students
2. Leads, coordinates and assures breadth, depth and equity of student service activities within the campus for both day and evening students including but not limited to maintenance of professional clubs, affiliation activities, coordination of FYE and facilitation of SAP analysis.
3. Advises campus staff and students and adheres to college policies on issues relating to Student Services Department’s programs and services with specific attention to standards of progress (SAP) compliance, accurate recording of student data, attendance, and ADA leadership and compliance.
4. Oversees/manages successful fulfillment of the Student Success Model (SSM) to meet overall Vision Standard Outcomes and to achieve the College’s mission and vision to help assure each student affiliates with the College, receives an adequate and informative orientation throughout their first term of study, and holds College and individual students accountable fulfillment of the advising outcomes defined within the SSM.
5. Leads and/or oversees the campus and market scheduling process (dependent upon the organizational structure) to develop a 3-term rolling schedule and assure that the schedule is built and maintained to meet the needs of students while remaining attentive to the instructional budget.
6. Hires, trains, coaches, develops and motivates a team of advisors and employs individual and team-based coaching approaches to oversee and manage advisement and retention plans that outline (both qualitative and quantitative) student (as individuals), program, and overall relationship goals annually and for each term.
7. Leads, and/or co-manages the campus retention committee.
8. Develops, coordinates and monitors the learning center activity and needs as well as in-person and online tutoring programs
to assure that referrals are facilitated and fulfilled and that student’s needs are met in terms of responsiveness and availability
9. Facilitates comprehensive retention analysis (in concert with the dean of instruction) to assure that mid-term and end-of-term
retention opportunities are analyzed and defined as related to areas of improvement and areas of sustainability. As a result of
studying retention and graduation opportunities over time, develops, implements and tests programs to improve retention
and graduation rates.
10. Maintains status of individual student progress through on-going monitoring and assessment of success agreement, mid-term
grades, academic progress reports, and attendance.
11. Assists in the preparation of the instructional budget for the campus.
3-5 years of relevant academic
management experience in achieving
retention or enrollment goals within an
educational or business setting.
The successful candidate will have excellent
communications skills, be adaptable, have
the ability to empower others, and possess
the necessary skills to impact decisions.
Bryant & Stratton College - 19 months ago