1. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Student Affairs, coordinates daily office procedures required to deliver comprehensive student development services twenty-four hours a day.
2. Oversees policies, practices and implementation of student discipline.
3. Oversees comprehensive summer orientation for new students, Family Weekend, and other student-focused events.
4. Co-Chair Graduation Committee.
5. In conjunction with the Vice President, reviews, revises and develops policies and procedures that govern Residence Life.
6. Monitors past and present occupancy information in addition to future enrollments to accurately project housing needs.
7. Attends a number of student activity events.
8. Supervises delivery of food services in conjunction with food service contractor. Serves as liaison with food contractor.
9. Works closely with the Director of Campus Safety and Campus Safety Department.
10. Performs other duties as required to meet the goals of the department and the College.
11. Supports weekend and evening student crises.
- Master's degree required in Student Development, Higher Education Administration, Psychology or a related field, Doctorate preferred; 6 or more years of experience in the field of Student Development at an institution of Higher Education.
- Experience in and knowledge of the areas of Residence Life, Student Activities, Judicial Affairs and Campus Safety preferred.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills and the capacity to supervise and lead a student affairs staff.
- Ability and willingness to conduct self in a professional manner in a role that is highly visible to students and the College community.