Deck Supervisor (Housekeeping)
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative fleet of twenty-one ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail with us.
We are currently looking for Deck Supervisors to join our team. The housekeeping department is instrumental in the overall experience of the Royal Caribean cruise, and the Deck supervisor will oversee the room attendants who create the comfort of accommodation to our guests. Potential candiates must have housekeeping related experience in a four or five star resort, hotel or cruise line.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Following room attendants cleaning, inspects staterooms/suites for cleanliness, maintenance, presentation, collateral, mini-bar and general set up standards for daytime and evening turndown service.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to team members, while recognizing top performers and applies progressive disciplinary process for lowest performers
- Reports maintenance needs and follows up to ensure prompt completion and takes ownership for reacting to guest feedback and requests from assigned deck(s)
- Provides training to all Stateroom Attendants, including classroom-style and on-the-job training, cleaning practices, procedures, equipment and materials
- Monitors compliance to all USPH cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout assigned areas consistently. Addresses issues and findings immediately, and ensures corrective action and re-training take place
• Minimum one year supervisory experience in housekeeping of large 4 or 5 Star hotel or cruise ship with at least 500 rooms
• Demonstrated experience supervising team of at least 10 employees
• Minimum of one to two years of guest room cleaning experience in 4 or 5 Star hotel or cruise line equivalent
• Specific knowledge of principles for providing exceptional customer service including needs assessment, problem resolution, demonstrated strong attention to detail and achievement of quality service standards
• Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment
• Working knowledge of cleaning procedures and equipment, chemical handling, linen par levels, public health standards, computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages (e.g. MS Office) and office equipment
• Completion of high school or equivalent required
• Required to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly
• Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Mandarin, Italian or Portuguese preferred
• All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills.
Shipboard - Global